Monday 30 July 2012

Gong is Struck

I can't tell you how much I missed Arcade Empire. Everybody's favourite live music venue relocated to a new and improved space opposite The Grove Mall in Equestria. While the Arcade Empire team were hard at work getting the new venue ready, us regulars found ourselves wondering what we did with our time before Arcade entertained us week in and week out.
 I sadly missed the launch weekend when I was in Durban but I made my way to Arcade on Saturday night for the launch of Lark's new album, Gong is Struck. The new venue is massive and boasts foosball tables, old arcade games and the Super Mario Brothers colourfully painted on the walls, all to fit in with the whole 'arcade' theme. Well done Arcade, you guys can be proud of the incredible venue that you have created.

Now for Lark: Christi bought the new album on Saturday and we have been playing it on repeat since then. It's undeniably a masterpiece and quite easily one of my favourite albums of the year. Inge Beckmann gave a moving performance, as usual, with tears streaming down her face as the band performed 'Thoughts'. It was beautiful, as was the entire performance.  It's the kind of show you don't want to end and when it eventually does, you realize that your life will probably never be the same again and that's really no exaggeration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment