Monday 6 August 2012

Bombay Show Pig are the shizzle

For some reason, December Streets not only attracts the youngest crowd but also the most annoying.   Thank the Good Lord the young ones decided to vamoose after they dabbled in superficial rebellion, although credit must go to December Streets for putting on a mighty good show. 

They made way for the rest of us (all over the age of 18, thankfully) to enjoy Bombay Show Pig, an epic two-piece indierock band from the Netherlands. Man alive, I haven't been this excited about a new band in ages. The band consists of Mathias Janmaaton on vocals, guitar and samples and Linda van Leeuwen, who rocks fiercely on the drums and does vocals, samples and keys as well.

After their performance, I bought their debut album, Vulture/Provider, for a mere 50 ronds. What a bargain. It is eargasmic, which, by the way, is a real thing. S'true. My audiologist friend told me so.
Cool album art, ne?
If there's a band you must definitely make time for at Oppikoppi, it's Bombay Show Pig. They are playing on Friday at 14h00 at Wesley's Dome. I only wish they had a slot in the evening because they are perfect to jam to. 

You will notice that I didn't actually describe Bombay Show Pig's music, which is really odd for me because I do love words a whole lot. It's because it's difficult to relay the experience of listening to their music. So, instead, give their music video for 'Sancho Panza' a look-see. Then go tell everyone you know about this rad band, because they deserve loads of recognition.

Got it?
Get it?
Good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment